Dragon Straight Part Tutorial
Things To Know
- This tutorial will step you through the process of creating a straight design in Bend-Tech Dragon and show you the possible choices for where to take it next depending on your needs. As you walk through this tutorial, procedures are designed based on your knowledge of earlier procedures. Because of this, it is very important that you carefully step through this guide, understanding everything along the way.
3. In order to start a design, select the 1.75 DOM material from the material drop down menu to the left. This material is specific to both this tutorial and corresponding tutorials including the Dragon Custom Design Tutorial and the Dragon Nesting Tutorial(Or if you are a Dynatorch customer of ours, you will refer to the Dynatorch Custom Design Tutorial and the Dynatorch Nesting Tutorial.
5. Now select the Cutting tab and hit the Add button twice to add a start and end cut . You can then change the type of cut, the material it is cutting to, the rotation, angle of crossing tube, and offset values all in this table:
12. Now hit the Add button to create an additional tube to the start cut. Change the type of cut to miter, and the rotation value to 90.
13. Now, select the Holes tab and input the following values into the table:
14. With the part finished, please save the file by clicking the Save icon from the icon menu bar at the top of the screen and name it Dragon Test1. This will be used in later tutorials including the Dragon Custom Design Tutorial and the Dragon Nesting Tutorial, or if you a Dynatorch customer, refer to the Dynatorch Custom Design Tutorial and the Dynatorch Nesting Tutorial..
- After applying all of the changes to our straight part, we are free to select the desired option for transferring the part out.
- You may Transfer to Design for adding further geometry to the part and assigning actions before sending it to the machine, or you may Transfer to Nesting if you'd like the current part to be added to a nesting project without altering the part further.
- See the Dragon Guide to help you decide where to go from here.