Custom 3D Tutorial
This tutorial will walk you through the process of creating a part using the Custom 3D Part design interface.
Start Upin the Task Menu under the "Create New" section to open the Custom 3D Part interface. The window that opens should be labeled [Custom 3D Part - 1].
3) Select the New Part icon at the top of the window or select File --> New --> Tube. Doing so will bring up the "New Design Menu". This menu will also appear automatically when Bend-Tech starts up.
- In the "New Design" menu, select the "Custom 3D Part" option under "Create New Design".
4) For the purposes of this tutorial. The "Die & Material" tab is located in the upper left corner of the window. Select the "1.00 Material" and "2.0 Die" as seen here.
Note: If a default die and material have already been set up, they will already be selected. In that case proceed to the next step.
Creating the Part
1. Once a die and material have been chosen, the input interface panel will be available to edit. First, the part's number of bends needs to be selected. Select the drop down menu below "Number of Bends" and choose "3" from the list.
- Each bend has 6 directional coordinate fields, but only up to 3 can be entered for one bend and conflicting directions cannot be used at the same time. For example, values cannot be entered into both floor and ceiling for a single bend. Each bend also has a Dim Type and Die drop menu which can be used to change a single die's dimension type or die.
2. Select "1" from the bend list to the right of the coordinate fields. In the coordinate field area, type "12" into the dark blue "Front" value field as shown below.
3. Next, select "2" from the bend list. Check the box next to "Use 3D Angle Interface". This will enable the 3D interface for the second bend only.
4. Select the red "Ceiling-Front" point on the Tri-Globe as shown below. Type "45" into the Angle value field and "15" into the Length value field.
5. Select "3" from the bend list and type "15" into the to light green "Right" value field as shown below.
6. Select "End" in the bend list and type "10" into the light blue back field, "10" into the light red floor field, and "5" into the light green right field.
7. Once all the coordinates have been entered, the part is complete and the window should look similar to the image below. The results table for the complete part is shown in the top right corner.
- To adjust any settings, view the bend order, or to see any warnings, select any of the tabs the tabbed section at the top of the design window.
- The part can be saved by selecting the save icon or by clicking File --> Save in the main menu bar. The setup sheet for the part can be printed by selecting the print icon or by clicking File --> Print.